The Key Points about Sunscreen:
1) SEEK sunscreen that contains zinc oxide or avobenzone to protect against UVA.
2) SEEK sunscreen with an SPF between 15 and 50.
3) REAPPLY your sunscreen often, no matter the SPF.
4) AVOID any type of application other than rubbing cream onto your skin. No powders, sprays or towelettes.
5) AVOID Super high SPF (over 50). SPF only refers to protection against UVB (the burning rays); they may not protect against UVA which can accelerate aging and cause cancer.
a. Oxybenzone. It’s estrogenic and linked to endometriosis.
b. Retinyl Palmitate in sunscreen. It might make lesions grow faster.
c. Bug Repellant in your sunscreen.